Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Who's Minding the Store?

Two entries and barely an introduction. What kind of hostess am I? So here are some of the faces behind The Marlowe Co.

First, the helper monkeys kitties.



Meet Lucy. Lucy likes to protect me by creating a safety buffer between me and the computer keyboard. She also likes to taste my food to make sure I am not being poisoned. She's so thoughtful.



This is S.L., short for Spotted Leaf. She takes her job as a lap-warmer very seriously. She alerts me to potential disasters - say, if it's been more than five minutes since she was last pet - by standing up on her hind legs and tapping me on the hip. A jill of all trades, she also doubles as comic relief.



I present Her Royal Highness, Coraline. Please bow upon entering her presence and do not speak unless spoken to. Though a right regal ruler, Coraline never shirks her most important duty: keeping the beds warm.

Now, the less important humans.



Known by many names - Monkey, the Monk, Monkito, bubbeleh, The Boy, Feeder of the Cats - this is the Monkeyboi, my cohort, co-conspirator and co-spawn. A budding artist and a connoisseur of fine video games, he's the reason I go from point A to point B every day.



Mungo: designer, maker, professional breaker of things, the other half of the Monkeyboi Creation Team and my oldest, dearest friend. Aside from coming up with great ideas, he also keeps my laughing and encouraged.



And me. The shirt says it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment